Our community hub brings together local charitable organisations and support services, meaning that a multitude of support is available in one place. Our hub is accessible not only to our parents but to the entire Nechells community.
Please take a look at our information guide by clicking here
Please see below timetable for activities and workshops available this half term:
The support offered within the Nechells Hub is varied, ensuring that the diverse needs of our community are acknowledged and represented. Our support is separated into 5 key areas as follows:
Economic / Vocational
- English as a second language (ESOL) classes
- Job club, supporting residents to access employment
- Specialist courses such as computing
- A uniform hub selling nearly new uniform at discounted prices
- Housing support from Shelter
- Project Birmingham offering advice on debt management, benefits entitlement and housing support
Health & Wellbeing
- Specialist parent workshops delivered by our school nurse
- Wellbeing groups supporting residents to recognise and promote positive mental health
- A drop in Crisi café, a safe, welcoming place where people can go outside of normal working hours, instead of A&E or other urgent services, if they are feeling emotionally distressed or are in a mental health crisis.
- Bereavement support from Edwards Trust.
- Coffee and Craft mornings delivered by our artist in residence
- Annual Summer Fayre, bringing together community members and small businesses.
- Community clean up days in partnership with free at last
Education for life
- Half termly educational and online safety workshops
- Specialist SEND workshops covering topics such as autism or speech and language
- Transition workshops for year 6 parents to support with moving to secondary school
- Year 6 selection evening to support with applying for a year 7 place
- Half Termly community meetings with the Nechells PCSO team.
- Women’s aid weekly service offering support for victims through 1-1 counselling or group support sessions.
- Empowering women workshops, covering topics such as FGM / Honour based Abuse / Forced Marriage / Domestic Violence
- Preventing radicalisation workshops
- Parenting programmes delivered by Free at Last.
Services are timetabled to ensure all services are accessible. Specialist projects and groups are also delivered from the hub, including parenting classes and awareness raising workshops.