Hello and welcome to Year 5!
Please visit regularly to find up-to-date information from our year group.
Our teacher is Miss Rasul and our teaching assistant is Mrs Chiles.
Our English topics for this half term are:
- Poetry – The Man in the Wilderness
- Narrative – Shadow
- Non-fiction – Discussion Texts
- Our Author focus this term is S.F Said – Varjak Paw
Our Maths topics for this half term are:
- Calculating Fractions
- Measurement: area and volume
- This half term our Science unit is Reproductive Systems
- Our history topic this half term is The Middle East
- PSHE We will be looking at Relationships
- RE We will be looking at choice
- Our computing topic this half term is 3D Modelling.
This term we will have a Science Workshop (26/04/2021) as well as the opportunity of a Middle East Cooking Experience. At lunchtime, there will be a weekly cricket club.
Children will continue to receive drumming lessons for this that have chosen to continue to learn this instruments.
We will also be welcome to attend a multi-games after school club with Mr Scott.
Pupils must come to school wearing their PE kits on a Thursday; we will hold our PE lessons on this day.
Homework is set on Friday and is due back every Tuesday.
All knowledge organisers for all subjects can be accessed in the folder link below: