Hello and welcome to Year 5!
Please visit regularly to find up-to-date information from our year group.
Our teacher is Miss Rasul and our teaching assistant is Mrs Chiles.
Our English topics for this half term are:
- Poetry – Dialogue poems.
- Narratives – King Midas
- Non Fiction – Persuasive writing.
Our Maths topics for this half term are:
- Fractions, decimals and percentages
- Measurement: length, mass and capacity
- Our Science topic is Changes of Materials
- Our Geography topic is Biomes
- Our PHSE topics are: Emergency Services Team Work Reporting a crime
- Our PE topics are Athletics and Hockey.
- Our Spanish unit is Clothes
- Our Music topic is Fresh Prince of Bel Air
- Our Computing topic is Coding.
This term we will have a visit from our local police officers who will deliver a workshop on staying safe online.
Some children will have weekly music lessons with an experienced music teacher who will continue to teach pupils how to play the drums.
We will also be welcome to attend a multi-games after school club with Mr Fair our sports coach.
Later this year, we will be providing our pupils with the opportunity to visit the Isle of Wight with our UKSA Sailing Residential.
Pupils must come to school wearing their PE kits on a Thursday; we will hold our PE lessons on this day.
Homework is set on Friday and is due back every Tuesday.
All knowledge organisers for all subjects can be accessed in the folder link below: