Hello and welcome to Year 5!
Please visit regularly to find up-to-date information from our year group.
Welcome to Year 5’s class page. Our class teacher is Miss Rasul and our teaching assistant is Mrs Hamid.
Our English topics for this half term are:
- Poetry – Dialogue poems.
- Narratives – King Midas
- Non Fiction – Persuasive writing.
Our Maths topics for this half term are:
- Fractions, decimals and percentages
- Measurement: length, mass and capacity
- Our Science topic is Changes of Materials
- Our Geography topic is Biomes
- Our PHSE topics are: Emergency Services Team Work Reporting a crime
- Our PE topics are Athletics and Hockey.
- Our Spanish unit is Clothes
- Our Music topic is Fresh Prince of Bel Air
- Our Computing topic is Coding.
So far this year, pupils have took part in a Medieval banquet and worked with our artist in residence.
This half term, we will experience the Science Dome and will be given the opportunity to learn about Living Things.
Later this year, we will be providing our pupils with the opportunity to visit the Isle of Wight with our UKSA Sailing Residential.
Year 5 have PE every Tuesday and Thursday.
Homework is given out every Friday and is due back every Tuesday.